The Scientific Program will be shaped by abstracts of the latest research across a variety of disciplines. All abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee before acceptance into the program.
The congress will be accepting Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations.
Submission deadline: Friday 26th July 2019 (midnight AEST)
Five submission categories:
Action at the Source
Eliminating waste, stopping pollution and improving product lifecycle management
into the environment
The journey of plastic pollution to the ocean
Impacts on marine life & habitats
The damage being done
Human health & behavioural changes
Why and how people should take action to manage the problem
Policy & legislation
Where should the Government target its efforts?
Means of Submission - Online: https://members.asnevents.com.au/register/event/1645
By clicking on the submission buttons above, you will be taken to a web portal, which is in conjunction with the registration system, where you can cut and paste your abstract in several simple steps. The benefits of this system are many but include:
Allowing you to preview your submission and make modifications to your satisfaction. Ensuring you know your lodgement is completed as you will receive an immediate email confirmation Ensuring accurate indexing of all authors in the conference book Ensuring consistent presentation of all submissions in the proceedings (overarching formatting is imposed)
You do not need to register in order to submit your work. Accepted submissions will be conditional on a valid registration.
BEFORE YOU START
Ensure you are using one of the following browsers: INTERNET EXPLORER (ver 11 or newer) MOZILLA FIREFOX (ver 44 or newer) SAFARI (ver 5 or newer)
Alert for Mac Users, if you are having trouble submitting your abstract/synopsis, try submitting from a PC. If you are still having trouble, please contact the secretariat.
Alert for Mozilla Users, the security policy in Mozilla often precludes the pasting from the clipboard without using the menu commands. You can still cut and paste your abstract/synopsis into the submission; you will have to use the menu command rather than ‘control v’ shortcut.
Is your research abstract text less than 300 words – it will not allow you to paste larger submissions. The word count does NOT include your title, authoring or cited references
Do you have your abstract/synopsis open and running on your own computer? – You need to be able to cut and paste it onto the submission system.
- Acknowledge that you understand that for your abstract to be accepted into the program you must be a registered and fully paid delegate once it has been accepted. You must also consent to your abstract being published.
- Select presentation type and category (only applicable to some submission types
- Provide some keywords to assist in categorisation of your abstract
- Next, you will able to cut and paste or type the title of your abstract/submission in (Please write the title of your abstract in sentence case (that is lowercase with only the first letter or the first word in capitals) and without any punctuation. A correctly formatted example follows: Title of my presentation for the conference)
- Input the authors, organisations and indicate the presenting author by ticking the box.
- Type or cut and paste your abstract/synopsis text in. Please ensure the abstract is no more than the above mentioned word limit. (Does not include title, authoring or cited references)
- If submitting a photo or video (gallery submission), you will be able to do so after contents has been entered
- Agree to releases policy
- Preview abstract, once satisfied, you will be able to finalise your abstract submission and return to your dashboard
WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED THE SUBMISSION PROCESS
As long as you haven't filled your own email address incorrectly, you will get an immediate confirmation of your abstract being submitted. Please check your email junk filter in case it has been captured there.
YES YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES AFTER YOU HAVE SUBMITTED
Should you wish to make changes to your abstract after you have submitted it, please log into your online registration dashboard. Click the button “manage” for the conference you would like to edit the abstract for. Under the abstract heading you will be able to view, edit or submit a new abstract.
**Please note you will only be able to make changes to your abstract until the submission deadline, after such time, any changes required will need to be sent to the conference secretariat Alycia Manuel Alycia.email@example.com.
Notification of programming decisions will come from the secretariat shortly after the expiry of deadlines and the working program will be posted to the web site. The notification will include specific presentation instructions.